At Hillel Academy, parents play a critical role in our students’ academic and personal growth. Parental engagement is incredibly beneficial for young students. There are a number of ways parents may become in the school community:
- Volunteer as a room parent, on the PA (Parent Association), or at one of our many school and community events.
- Attend Havdalah (Mondays), Tefillah (Tuesdays and Thursdays), and Kabbalat Shabbat (Fridays) - On any day, any member of our community in need of a Minyan for Yahrtzeit, one can always be found at Hillel Academy (let us know ahead of time)
- Participate in our community programs
- Attend your child/ren’s sports events and class presentations
- Join school meetings and conversations to provide input, feedback, and ideas
Alma is Hillel Academy’s online gradebook. In Third Grade - Eighth Grade, parents are encouraged to check Alma once a week. In Kindergarten through 2nd Grade, parents are encouraged to check twice a month. Behind this password protected site, parents may also find the School Directory and the Student & Family Handbook.
Let’s add a link for this here. With a note to request username and password from email@example.com if needed.
Brightwheel is Hillel Academy’s preschool communication app. Parents will receive daily reports and pictures from their children’s teachers. Behind this password protected site, parents may also find the School Directory and the Student & Family Handbook.
Let’s add a link for this here with a note to request username and password from firstname.lastname@example.org
There are formal and informal methods of communication throughout the school year to keep every parent fully aware of what is happening with their child/ren, class, division, and school.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences three times a year (August, November, March).
- Report Cards twice a year (January, May/June).
- Progress Reports sent every non-conference and report card months (September, October, December, February, and April).
- Class Newsletters every other week.
- Sunday Message every Sunday at 10:00 AM for everything you need to know for the upcoming school week.
- Educators and parents are welcome to send emails at any time with concerns, questions, or suggestions.
- To speak by phone or in-person, educators and parents should send an initial email to determine a date and time.
Let’s add a link that goes to the faculty & staff page.