Hillel Academy - JCC Early Learning Center Preschool Teachers (Lead & Assistants)
Hillel Academy’s Early Learning Center has expanded into a brand new building located on the Hillel Academy campus and now accepts students 1 year old through PreKindergarten/VPK. Our Early Learning Center, with a commitment to its philosophy, bilingualism, and parent partnership, is a model for Jewish preschool education in the Tampa Bay region.
Hillel Academy Early Learning Center includes a constructivist approach to learning in a Reggio Emilia inspired environment, bilingual classes (Hebrew and English), and a variety of options for days and hours.
We are seeking fluent English or Hebrew speakers. Each class will have a teacher speaking only in English and another speaking only in Hebrew.There isn’t a preference for whether the individual is the lead or assistant teacher.
We are searching for accomplished, well-rounded Preschool Teachers to join our team.
- Lead Preschool Teachers are responsible for designing and implementing curricula, modeling our Culture of Kindness within our Conscious Discipline framework,and collaborating with school leaders in visioning, creating, and implementing programming. In this position, you are also responsible for positively representing our school to stakeholders.
- To ensure success as a Lead Preschool Teacher, you should demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.Top candidates will have a thorough understanding of early childhood development and will remain up-to-date with advances in the field.
- Assistant Preschool Teachers are responsible for supporting the units and lessons developed by the Lead Teacher, caring for the children as if they are their own, positively interacting with all school stakeholders, parents, and the community.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities:
- Formulating and implementing curricula in accordance with students’ developmental trajectories
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress at regular intervals
- Adhering to legal and educational requirements to ensure students’ well-being
- Partnering with parents
- Supervising and collaborating with assistant teacher
- Positively representing the school to relevant stakeholders
Lead Teacher Requirements:
- Degree in Early Childhood Development or related field
- Florida Preschool Teacher’s credential (Hillel will assist the individual with obtaining this)
- Proven experience in curriculum development and implementation
- Prior experience in teaching within this age group
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Love for children and a passion for teaching
- Ability to mentor a diverse group of individuals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- No criminal record or child-related offenses
- Willingness to learn and grow an institution
- Superior organizational abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Discreet with clear boundaries
- Good ambassador for the school and its mission
- 10-month position with additional days requirements in the summer and during School’s Out Camps with additional pay
- 40-hours / week; flexible working hours (opening center and closing center)
- Available evenings and weekends for events
- Lead Teachers are paid on the same school salary scale as elementary and middle school teachers
- Assistant Teachers start with a base salary of $25,000 for 10-months and additional pay for days worked during the summer and School’s Out Camps
- Staff appointed benefits
- Sick/personal and vacation days
- Jewish holidays off
Hillel Academy is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.