A substitute teacher is responsible for providing general studies education services (Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies) or Hebrew/Judaic Studies to students in a classroom or other setting in place of the regular school teacher. He/she instructs students using the teacher’s lesson plans and manages the class in the absence of the teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following (and other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and playground.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when he/she returns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university preferred. Prior successful teaching or substituting experience strongly preferred.
General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use, e-mail, internet, and Google applications.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Possesses knowledge of effective behavior management methods. Ability to meet timelines and exercise good judgment while working in a dynamic environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Those interested will have a Level II background check taken place at Hillel Academy.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com